Thursday, June 29, 2006

New happenings

Well, it has been a month since my last posting and much has been happening the last four weeks. I'll get in more detail later, but here is a quick summary of what our library's IT department has been doing.

Deployed nearly 300 desktop and laptop PCs for our public users

Spoke at 2 conferences in Michigan giving 3 different presentations

Was elected to the Board for the Library Technology Division of the Michigan Library Association - yeah!! A non-librarian finally can get elected. :)

Upgraded one of my technical certifications to Windows 2003 - i.e. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) - 2003.

Ok, so really busy. I'll talk about the PC deployment soon as it involved some pretty nifty technology I do not think has yet been deployed in a Library environment.

I'll also try to post the PowerPoint presentations too for the conferences.

No comments: