Sunday, May 21, 2006

One of my goals has been to help my users with solving the challenges they face everyday in the Library. Sometimes, those challenges can be addressed by technology and that is where I come in.

The Library I work at has undertaken, over the last six years, many technology projects that really advance the customer experience, both our staff and our patrons.

Some of those projects include a VoIP installation over five years ago when it was just a dream in many organizations mind. Creating a "home user" like experience with our public PCs is important ot our Library too. And RFID, love it or leave, is going to make an enormous impact on how libraries interact with their customers and on their internal operaitons.

I'll talk more on these topics and others as I develop this blog.

I am very interested in hearing what technology challenges you face everyday, whether you work in a library, are a customer of a library, or are in the community at large and have ideas on how the library can be a better place to use, visit and support.

No comments: